A little over a year ago, we launched our developer program to enable a world where LinkedIn members can access their business relationships anywhere and anytime they need them.
We’re excited to announce that one of our partner developers, Snaptu, has built a new LinkedIn application for feature phones using our development platform. This is a great example of how mobile developers can leverage the LinkedIn ecosystem and extend the LinkedIn experience to millions of our users.
Built on the Snaptu mobile app platform, this new LinkedIn app brings a smartphone-like user experience to over 2,500 different types of feature phone devices, about 80% of the devices sold worldwide.
Snaptu has focused on bringing the most commonly used LinkedIn features in their first release. With the new app, any LinkedIn user can:
- View your update stream to glean insights from what your network is doing
- Gather ‘meeting intelligence’ about the customers and partners you’re meeting with on a daily basis through search
- Grow your network by inviting people to join your network (and by accepting their invitations)
- Access your connections to see how their networks have grown, who you have in common, and what’s changed on their profile
The team at Snaptu has done a great job building the core LinkedIn experience on their platform. They are enabling mobile LinkedIn access for millions of our users in India, Brazil, and around the world, and we’re excited to be working with such partners on new ideas for the future.
The LinkedIn app on Snaptu is available for immediate download. Get it now.
- LinkedIn Developer Network