It’s the home stretch on college campuses across the country. Graduating students are looking for full-time jobs, while others are seeking summer internships. To help students during this intense time, we’ve built a Job Portal for Students and Recent Graduates providing easy access to entry-level jobs and internships at some of the best companies worldwide.
A better job search experience for students and graduates
While anyone can search and view job listings on the public Student Job Portal, Linkedin members with a completed profile and connections have a much richer job search experience:
- We recommend jobs: Based on your education and interests, we’ll recommend jobs specifically targeted to you – right on your home page or with optional email alerts.
- Put your network to work: Each connection you make expands your network, adding people who can provide insights into opportunities, or who can even help you land a job. Connect to fellow students and see where they’ve found jobs, reach out to alumni whose companies are hiring, and leverage the networks of your parents, family friends or mentors.
- You can research companies: LinkedIn’s Company Pages provide rich insights to help you explore where you want to work. Learn who companies hire, what products and services they sell, what professionals are saying about them, and who you know who works there.
- Companies find you: At the end of the day, it’s also a great opportunity to be found by leading companies. Companies continually comb LinkedIn’s member profiles for the best candidates. The more complete your profile, the better your chances of being found.
- Find opportunities worldwide: The Student Job Portal is available in all languages currently supported on the site – and you’ll find jobs from top employers in locations around the world.
Quick Tip! To expand your network, join your University Alumni Group. Connect to fellow students and see where they’ve found jobs, reach out to alumni whose companies are hiring, and leverage the networks of your parents, family friends or mentors.
Partnerships with top companies and public service organizations
To support students and recent graduates, we are working closely with our customers to add high-quality entry-level jobs and internships to Linkedin that you will find through the Jobs Portal. And given the growing importance of public service jobs in today’s world, we are also reaching out to non-profit organizations and government agencies to include them in our program.
Now that the glow of Spring Break is starting to wear off, it’s time to get started.
More importantly, please share this with your friends – http://www.linkedin.com/studentjobs – especially, if they are right out of college looking for a job or an internship. #injobs