Today, we are very happy to announce that we are opening up full access to LinkedIn’s new platform for building the professional web.
Building the Professional Web
With this release, we’re including a powerful set of plugins, to further help bring professional identity & insights into your application. For example, you can show your visitors who they know in a professional context with the Member Profile plugin, and display rich personalized insights about companies featured on your site with the Company Insider plugin.
The plugins include:
- Sign In with LinkedIn, which makes it easier for users to authenticate or register for your site using their LinkedIn identity
- Share, a button which enables users to share your website with LinkedIn’s professional audience
- Member Profile, which brings LinkedIn profiles to your site
- Full Member Profile, which brings larger, more detailed LinkedIn profiles to your site
- Company Profile, which displays key company info at-a-glance
- Company Insider, which shows rich company data from several different views
- Recommend, a button which enables users to recommend your products and drive traffic back to you
As developers ourselves, we wanted to give you a featherweight way to light up your site and increase engagement, without any costly development overhead. The plugins we’ve built can be used with only a couple of lines of markup. Here’s the Member Profile plugin, for example:
The best way to try things out for yourself is to head over to developer.linkedin.com. We’ve added some great quick start content, including script generators that allow you to visually configure and deploy your plugin of choice. If you want to dig deeper, we’ve also done a lot of work on our tutorials and documentation as well.
Stay tuned — we have more exciting things planned for the future. In the meantime, please tell us what you think — either by commenting or participating in the forums at developer.linkedin.com.