We’d like to share with you the announcement related to our Q3 2011 earnings. We’ll also be live sharing the earnings call both from our @linkedin account, starting 2PM Pacific Time later today. – Ed.
Today, we report our financial results for a strong third quarter, with significant, broad-based growth across all of our revenue streams, member engagement metrics, geographies, and sales channels. Our results underscore the long-term strength of our global platform and our business model.
Here are the key highlights:
- Revenue for the third quarter was $139.5 million, an increase of 126% compared to $61.8 million for the third quarter of 2010
- Net loss for the third quarter was $1.6 million, compared to net income of $4.0 million for the third quarter of 2010; Non-GAAP net income for the third quarter was $6.6 million, compared to $6.0 million for the third quarter of 2010. Non-GAAP measures exclude tax-effected stock-based compensation expense and tax-effected amortization of acquired intangible assets
- Adjusted EBITDA for the third quarter was $24.7 million, or 18% of revenue, compared to $11.1 million for the third quarter of 2010, or 18% of revenue
- GAAP EPS for the third quarter was $(0.02); Non-GAAP EPS for the third quarter was $0.06
- Members grew to 131.2 million, an increase of 63% from the third quarter of 2010
- Average comScore unique visitors of 87.6 million per month, an increase of 64% from the third quarter of 2010; total comScore page views of 7.6 billion, an increase of 51% from the third quarter of 2010
We’re also hosting a webcast / conference call to discuss our second quarter 2011 financial results and business outlook today at 2:00PM Pacific Time.
See slides below.
Safe Harbor Statement
This post contains non-GAAP financials measures relating to the company’s performance. You can find the reconciliation of those measures to the nearest comparable GAAP measures and additional details regarding the use of non-GAAP measures at http://investors.linkedin.com/.
This post also contains forward-looking statements about our planned investments in key strategic areas, and our expected financial metrics such as revenue, adjusted EBITDA, depreciation and amortization and stock-based compensation for the fourth quarter of 2011 and the full fiscal year. The achievement or success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements involves risks, uncertainties and assumptions.
If any such risks or uncertainties materialize or if any of the assumptions prove incorrect, the company’s results could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements the company makes. Please also see our full disclaimer regarding this information as well.