Did you know 5.7 billion professionally oriented searches were done on LinkedIn last year? Every day we see millions of professionals find others and get found through LinkedIn search. Whether you’re searching for people, jobs, companies or groups, we provide the most relevant results based on your professional identity, your network, and how the people in your network engage with LinkedIn.
Today, search on LinkedIn is getting even smarter and more streamlined. We’ve unified the search experience so you no longer need to search for people, companies, or jobs separately. Now, all you need to do is type what you’re looking for into the search box and you’ll see a comprehensive page of results that pulls content from all across LinkedIn including people, jobs, groups and companies.
We’ve also added some new features to make search even smarter:
- Auto-complete – As you type your search term you’ll be prompted with options for what you may be looking for, and the more you search, the better it will get at predicting what you want.
- Suggested searches – Now when you type in a search term such as “product manager” you’ll see example search queries for people or jobs related to product manager as well as a preview of top results to help you find what you’re looking for in one click.
- Smarter query intent algorithm – The more you search for content on LinkedIn, the more it learns and understands your intent over time to provide the most relevant results.
- Enhanced advanced search – Not only has advanced search gotten a new look, it’s also easier to deepen your search with filters like location, company, school and more.
- Automated alerts – Save time by saving your searches and we’ll alert you when the results change.
No two professionals are alike on LinkedIn. This means even if you search for the same thing as someone else, your results will be customized to you. LinkedIn’s search efforts are founded on the ability to take into account who you are, who you know, and what your network is doing to help you find what you’re looking for. And we’ll continue iterating on this with better ways to surface new kinds of content across Linkedin as well as more personalized results. The new smarter search is starting to roll out to members today and will be available to all global members in the coming weeks.