We want to make it easier for you to stay on top of the news and insights you need to be great at what you do. Millions of professionals are coming to LinkedIn to glean these daily insights to help inform their business conversations and decisions everyday.
You will start to see a refreshed look on LinkedIn Today and the introduction of channels to make it easier for you to Discover and Share professional news and insights. Through channels you can follow broader topic areas that cross multiple industries and professional sectors. By following channels you will have access to timely and relevant professional news and insights that can help you stay one step ahead and be in the know on what’s trending in your professional network. Channels represent a more comprehensive way to discover, share, and engage with high-quality Influencer posts, top news sources, and SlideShare content — all in one place.
New features include:
- New, simpler and modern design – We’ve streamlined the look and feel of LinkedIn Today to make it easier for you to discover and share the news and information that matters most to you.
- Follow a Channel – You can follow more than 20 different channels ranging from topics such as Your Career, Economy, Social Impact, Big Ideas and Innovation, and Higher Education, with more channels to be added over time. Once you follow a channel, you will automatically see updates from that channel directly in your Homepage stream.
- New ways to sort content – You can easily navigate to exactly what you’re looking for with new sorting options, including:
- Your News – Offers a customized LinkedIn Today page, which features the latest news from the channels and Influencers you follow.
- Influencer Posts – Provides a quick overview of the top Influencer posts of the day.
- All Influencers – Shows you our more than 250 Influencers in one place, sorted alphabetically and by number of followers, so you can easily follow someone.
- All Channels – Displays our new channels so you can easily follow the professional topics that interest you.
- More relevant email digests – Your email digests will now offer a comprehensive overview of top Influencer posts, trending professional news, and Slideshare content all in one place.
The newly refreshed LinkedIn Today experience with channels is rolling out to all english-speaking members this week. Start following a channel today to see what is trending in your professional universe by going here: http://www.linkedin.com/today.