LinkedIn Career Explorer: Helping College Graduates Find Their Career Path
October 4, 2010
We’re excited to launch our latest beta product: LinkedIn’s Career Explorer. Students now have the ability to explore different career paths based on their school, level of education, and desired industry. In addition to visualizing various career paths, they’ll also be able to find relevant job opportunities, top companies, estimated salary ranges as well as the people in their network who can get them there.
Starting today, we’ll be rolling out this feature to students at 60 universities across the United States as a beta program and in the coming months we’ll expand access to the broader LinkedIn population.
Here are the five key features of Career Explorer:
• Explore different career paths: Career Explorer offers career path recommendations tailored to your work interests, based on the real paths of professionals with similar profiles. Students can create and save multiple career paths with Career Explorer.
• Find people in your network to help you get there: The most effective way to find a job is through a personal connection. See who in your network can help you advance in each of your recommended career path choices.
• Get the unique insights you need: Learn relevant facts, statistics and industry trends about potential professions, jobs, and targeted companies.
• Recommended job openings: Career Explorer shows you relevant job openings and how you can use your network to secure or find more information about those open positions.
• Follow potential employers: Career Explorer also recommends LinkedIn Company Profiles of top companies that employ people with the career path you’re exploring. You can then “follow” those companies and receive updates about them in your news feed. The updates include job postings at the company as well as notifications when people get hired or leave that company.