Veterans Hackday 2011
November 11, 2011
They serve our country every day. Now is your chance to give something back. Today, we're kicking off the first ever Veterans Hackday. We are calling all hackers to work together and create projects that can improve any aspect of a veterans life.
To encourage you, we've got a phenomenal lineup of judges, including Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense Sumit Agarwal and LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner, who will get together on November 29th to pick the winners and award some awesome prizes.
- Find teammates using the Veterans Hackday Group
- This hackday is one of the initiatives from LinkedIn's partnership with the White House to help veterans
- Any project that benefits veterans
- Check out the Ideas Page and Data Page for inspiration
- Brainstorm ideas on the Veterans Hackday Group
- Hacking starts November 11 (use the event page to add it to your calendar)
- Hacks are due November 14
- Judging will be on November 29
- Hacks must be submitted online via the Veterans Hackday Website
- Form teams, discuss ideas, and ask questions on the Veterans Hackday Group
- Follow @LinkedInEng for updates
You've got your mission. Now go grab some teammates, your laptop, a pot of coffee, and use your tech skills to give something back to the veterans that have given us so much.
Update: now we've got Veterans Hackday 'on location'! On Veterans Day, 11/11/11, head over to Redwood City to join Nerd New Year to work on your hack and give to charity all at once!