LinkedIn's Q4 2011 Earnings Announcement
February 9, 2012
We'd like to share with you the announcement related to our Q4 2011 earnings call. We'll also be live sharing the earnings call from our @linkedin account, starting 2PM Pacific Time later today. - Ed. Today, we reported our financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ending December 31, 2011. Here are the key highlights:
- Revenue for the fourth quarter was $167.7 million, an increase of 105% compared to $81.7 million for the fourth quarter of 2010
- Net income for the fourth quarter was $6.9 million, compared to net income of $5.3 million for the fourth quarter of 2010; Non-GAAP net income for the fourth quarter was $13.3 million, compared to $5.2 million for the fourth quarter of 2010. Non-GAAP measures exclude tax-affected stock-based compensation expense and tax-affected amortization of acquired intangible assets
- Adjusted EBITDA for the fourth quarter was $34.4 million, or 21% of revenue, compared to $16.3 million for the fourth quarter of 2010, or 20% of revenue
- GAAP EPS for the fourth quarter was $0.06; Non-GAAP EPS for the fourth quarter was $0.12
- For the full year 2011, revenue increased 115% to $522.2 million from $243.1 million. GAAP EPS increased to $0.11 from $0.07 and Non-GAAP EPS increased to $0.35 from $0.24. Adjusted EBITDA increased to $98.7 million from $48.0 million
I highly encourage you to review associated materials, including our GAAP and non-GAAP reconciliation.  We're also hosting a webcast to discuss our Q4 2011 financial results and business outlook today at 2:00PM Pacific Time today (Feb 9, 2012). I will co-host the webcast with Jeff Weiner, which can be viewed on the investor relations section of our LinkedIn website as well.
 Safe Harbor Statement The blog post and presentation contain non-GAAP financials measures relating to the company's performance. You can find the reconciliation of those measures to the nearest comparable GAAP measures at http://investors.linkedin.com/ and additional details regarding the use of non-GAAP measures below. The blog post and presentation also contain forward-looking statements about our products, including plans for 2012 and our Talent Pipeline product, our planned investments in key strategic areas, and our expected financial metrics such as revenue, adjusted EBITDA, depreciation and amortization and stock-based compensation for the first quarter of 2012 and the full fiscal year 2012. The achievement or success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements involves risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If any such risks or uncertainties materialize or if any of the assumptions prove incorrect, the company's results could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements the company makes. Please see our full disclaimer regarding this information as well.