More LinkedIn Mobile Goodness
September 5, 2012
Today is an anniversary of sorts. 1 year, 21 days ago we launched an entirely new LinkedIn mobile experience for iPhone, Android, and the mobile web at touch.linkedin.com. It was an entirely fresh start, focused on faster, simpler, better.
A lot has happened since then. A year ago, 10% of the unique users visiting LinkedIn were using one of our mobile apps, today it’s over 23%. In April, we gave birth to an iPad app, and in May we followed with a shiny new Windows Phone App that is rated 4.5 out of 5 stars. We’ve also made it easier to sign-up for LinkedIn directly from your mobile device, which now accounts for 15% of new member sign-ups.
But more goodness awaits. Today, we’re happy to share a bunch of new mobile features:
On iPhone and Android:
- Get notified: We will keep you notified in real-time when someone likes what you’ve shared on LinkedIn, views your profile, accepts your invitation, and much more.
- Company pages goes mobile: Find out which connections work at the companies you care about, see recent news and updates from the company, and learn about current job openings.
- Don’t want your employer to know you’re looking?: We’ve recently added access to job listings and jobs you may be interested in directly within your mobile update stream.
On the iPad:
- We speak 6 new languages: Did you know more than 60% of our members are based outside the US? Today, we launched in French, German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean. More to come.
- Notifications and Company Pages: Also available on iPad!
We’ve also heard from many of you that you’d like the ability to edit your profile from our mobile apps. Happy to let you know this is coming soon.
Stay tuned as we gear up for another great year for mobile professionals. In the meantime, take a gander at the Slideshare presentation below to see the new features: