The 12 Most Popular Thought Leader Posts on LinkedIn in 2012
December 19, 2012
As the year ends, we wanted to know: What posts were the most popular among our 187 million members? After sifting through the data, one thing quickly became clear: Professionals crave information on how to be better at their jobs.
That may not be a surprise, of course, but what is interesting is just how popular such content is with members. More than half of this year’s top posts focus on careers in some way, whether it’s starting a new one or improving the current one. The insights came from both the biggest names in business – Richard Branson – and from successful authors like Gretchen Rubin.
There were plenty of tips to go around. Management expert Greg McKeown highlighted the No. 1 career mistake that smart people make: taking on too much. IDEO CEO Tim Brown described the difference between planning a life, coasting through life and designing a life. And William Morris Endeavor co-CEO Ari Emanuel outlined how getting hit by a car on a busy Los Angeles street changed his career.
The 12 Most Popular Thought Leader Posts
- Five Top Tips for Starting a Successful Business (Richard Branson)
- The No. 1 Career Mistake Capable People Make (Greg McKeown)
- Three Pieces of Career Advice That Changed My Life (Jeff Weiner)
- Working: One of the Most Dangerous Forms of Procrastination (Gretchen Rubin)
- The Perfect Job Interview in 8 Simple Steps (Jeff Haden)
- The TSA As We Know It Is Dead – Here’s Why (Christopher Elliott)
- The Six Lessons I Live By (Ari Emanuel)
- The Conscious Lifestyle: Facing Your Stress (Deepak Chopra)
- Why I’m Living on Food Stamps for a Week (Cory Booker)
- Start Designing Your Life (Tim Brown)
- Three Things Young Women in Business Need to Know (Naomi Simson)
- The Top Five Corporate Twitter Disaster of 2012 (Ryan Holmes)
Note: List is ranked by views, screened to prevent duplicate Influencer appearances.