Your Professional Network is Integrating with OS X Mavericks
June 11, 2013
During yesterday’s keynote at Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, Craig Federighi announced that LinkedIn will be integrated into the newest version of OS X, called OS X Mavericks.
This upcoming integration will offer Mac users a seamless experience on the Mac platform to connect, share, and be notified of their LinkedIn activity, making it even easier for them to stay up to date with their professional networks.
Here are the features you can anticipate after yesterday’s announcement:
- LinkedIn integration in Shared Links in Safari. Shared Links, which will work right in your Safari browser, makes it easy to keep up with interesting links that your LinkedIn Connections post. It also shows you links shared by LinkedIn Influencers you are following so you can stay up to date with great professional content.
- LinkedIn integration throughout OS X Mavericks, including:
- LinkedIn Notifications incorporated directly into Notification Center
- Ability to “Share to LinkedIn” directly from Safari
- Update your LinkedIn profile picture directly from the Photo Booth app on your Mac
- Single Sign-On. Users can sign into LinkedIn once in OS X Mavericks to start using Shared Links and Sharing in Safari, LinkedIn Notifications, and profile picture updating from Photo Booth. Users can also sign in once to use third-party apps that connect with LinkedIn.
The developer release of OS X Mavericks is now available. OS X Mavericks will be available to Mac users in the Fall.