Landing Your Dream Job Just Got Easier: Apply for a job on LinkedIn Mobile [SLIDESHOW]
August 5, 2013
Today, we are making it possible for LinkedIn members to directly apply for jobs that interest them, right from their iOS or Android device. Over 30 percent of members who view jobs on LinkedIn come from mobile and we want to make it easier for members to fully complete their job-seeking experience from mobile. Last month, we launched the ability to search jobs on LinkedIn from mobile and our “Jobs you may be interested in” feature has been a huge hit with job hunters and even professionals who may not be looking. As a result of our highly personalized job recommendations in the mobile feed, we’re seeing members who never view jobs on the desktop, viewing and saving jobs on mobile.
We have heard from many of you that you want the ability to apply directly from your mobile device but that managing and editing resumes on a small screen can be challenging. With that in mind, we’re introducing the ability to apply for jobs without a resume attachment from mobile. For many of the jobs that interest you on LinkedIn, you can now put your best foot forward by simply using your LinkedIn profile to apply for the job.
Here’s how it works:
- Search for your dream job or pick from one of our personalized recommendations. For every job, you’ll see the option to either “Apply\" now or “Save Job” for later.
- If you are ready to apply, click the “Apply” button to review your LinkedIn profile. Some jobs will have an “Apply on Company Website” button in cases where the company requires the job seeker to apply on their corporate career site.
- When using your LinkedIn profile to apply, you’ll have the option to edit your profile directly from the app before submitting. If your profile is already up-to-date, simply hit “Next.”
- On the last screen, you’ll be prompted to confirm your email address and phone number. These fields are auto-populated based on what you’ve provided on your LinkedIn profile, but you can also edit them easily to ensure the company has the right contact information to reach you.
- That’s it. Hit the “Submit” button and LinkedIn will deliver your application to your future employer. It’s that easy.
The ability to apply for jobs on mobile is starting to roll out globally today to our English speaking members. If you’d like to take it for a whirl, upgrade your LinkedIn app to the latest iOS and Android versions. We have much more in store to help you land your dream job, whether its on desktop or mobile, so stay tuned. In the meantime, we wish you the best on your job search - on the go!"