Learn a new skill from the comfort of your couch: Lynda.com courses now available on the Roku platform
December 9, 2015
Starting today, you can transform your living room into a learning workshop with the new Lynda.com channel on the Roku platform. From your living room couch, you will now have quick access to 4,000 expert-led courses from Lynda.com through your Roku device.
Whether it’s to learn new business skills, creative, or technical skills you can now master them at your leisure on the big screen (popcorn not included). Or use your TV as an extra screen, freeing up your laptop or desktop to actively work alongside our instructional videos.
Here’s how to get started:
- You’ll need an active Lynda.com membership to watch any course, anytime. If you’re not a member yet, you can subscribe here or browse the library and watch a great selection of free videos to give you a sampling of our course content.
- Using your Roku device, go to the Roku Channel Store and find the Lynda.com channel within the “Educational” category.
- Once you find the Lynda.com channel, click the “OK” button on your Roku remote and select “Add Channel".
- This will automatically add Lynda.com to your Roku home screen –– which will appear each time you use your Roku device.
- Now that the Lynda.com channel has been added to your Roku home screen, you can simply navigate to the Lynda.com channel tile, press “OK” on your remote, and launch the Lynda.com channel to browse, search and preview courses.
That should do it! You're ready to roll. We're working hard to continue bringing you new ways to experience Lynda.com content and to help you master the skills you need to shine. We look forward to hearing your feedback!