The Most Fulfilling Jobs and Places to Work in the U.S.
December 7, 2016
If you’re a chef in Charlotte, North Carolina then you’re likely one of the most fulfilled workers in the United States.
For LinkedIn’s Work Satisfaction Survey, we asked more than 1,000 U.S. professionals about their overall level of job satisfaction and the factors that contribute to it. Charlotte tops the list with 65% of its professionals feeling very or completely fulfilled at work, and chefs rank the highest in job satisfaction with 84% reporting they feel very or completely fulfilled at work.
Most Fulfilling Cities to Work in the U.S.
Click on the cities below to explore tens of thousands of opportunities available in each city.
- Charlotte, North Carolina - 17,000+ jobs
- Boston, Massachusetts - 9,000+ jobs
- Indianapolis, Indiana - 28,000+ jobs
- New York, New York - 180,000+ jobs
- Denver, Colorado - 42,000+ jobs
Most Fulfilling Careers in the U.S.
See open jobs near you by clicking on the job titles below.
- Chef - 6,000+ jobs [84% fulfilled]
- Real Estate Agent - 3,000+ jobs [75% fulfilled]
- Doctor - 3,500+ jobs [68% fulfilled]
- IT Consultant & Support - 500+ jobs [59% fulfilled]
- Architect - 3,500+ jobs [58% fulfilled]
Most Important Fulfillment Factors
Find out how much you should be getting paid using LinkedIn Salary.
- Positive relationships with colleagues
- Doing work that has a positive impact
- Work-life balance
- Feeling challenged at work
Fulfillment by the Ages
16 - 24 years old [58% fulfilled]
25 - 34 [54% fulfilled]
55+ [50% fulfilled]
45 - 54 [48% fulfilled]
35 - 44 [47% fulfilled]
If you’re not fulfilled at work, it’s time to take control of your career satisfaction, and we are here to help. Check out these tips for successful and secretive job hunting and explore more than 6 million jobs on LinkedIn to find what really makes you happy.
About the research:
Censuswide surveyed more than 1,000 professionals across the U.S. The research was carried out in the summer of 2016.